Based on a request from a user for Tellico to support reading CD-Text, I made an attempt to add that capability last night. I did get it working, based on my testing. I borrowed some code from Kover, which itself uses some modified code from k3b, I think. Isn't the GPL lovely?
But all the internals for accessing CD-ROM data is something of a black art to me. Tellico's current implementation of a CDDB query uses code from cd-discid, which has a lot of compilation conditionals, depending on the platform. The new CD-Text code has not been tested on anything except 32-bit Linux kernel 2.6.12 yet, so I added a flag to configure to disable compilation of the feature, in case it doesn't work on FreeBSD, for example.
If anyone is curious, download the SVN trunk code from http://forge.novell.com/modules/xfmod/svn/svnpage.php/tellico/. The CD title and artist are read, as well as the artist and title for each track.
The trunk code is still a bit unstable, so back up your data first! You won't be able to open new data files with older versions of Tellico.